7 Ways to Teach Your Children to Give Cheerfully
- Model a thankful heart. Express aloud your thankfulness for God’s provision of your family’s daily needs.
- Explain what the Bible teaches about tithing, and show children how they can figure their own tithe. Let them see you tithing cheerfully.
- Explain that we are the managers, not the owners, of all the resources God has placed in our care. Model good stewardship for them as your family decides how to spend money.
- Explain how money is used when it is given to the church. If you have older children and teens, discuss the church budget with them.
- Introduce your children to the ministry personnel of your church and to missionaries who visit in your church and discuss how tithes help them do God’s work.
- Participate in ministry and missions opportunities as a family so your children can see their tithes at work.
- When God provides for your family in unexpected ways in times of crisis, call attention to His faithfulness by having a special time of prayer and thanksgiving.
This article, and more great stuff can be found at Lifeway.com.